I am an outgoing, energetic, entrepreneurial minded professional, in search of a career to build and expand upon my professional skill set. I have over a decade worth of experience in management, administration, technical implementation, and day to day support of Fortune 500 infrastructures, start-ups, and everything in-between.
Cornell UniversityILR School, 2/12 - 6/12 Major: Change Leadership Certificate
- Developing an Agenda for Change
- Mapping the Political Terrain of Allies and Resistors
- Negotiating Support and Buy-In for Your Agenda
- Mobilizing the Coalition for Action
- Establishing Momentum: Managing Structure, Resources and Performance
- Sustaining Momentum: Motivating Through Vision, Culture and Political Agility
New England Institute of TechnologyWarwick, RI 9/97 - 3/99 Major: Associate of Science in Computer Servicing Technology - 1999
- Knowledge base in Windows 3.11, Windows 95, Office 97 Professional, Novell 4.11 Administration and Advanced Administration standard course certificates
- Microprocessor and electronics theory, circuit building, and configuration
- G.P.A 3.41, Dean’s List 1997 and 1998
West Bay Career and Technical CenterCoventry, RI 9/96 - 6/97 Major: Computer / Electronics Technology - 1 Year
- Job shadowed the Rhode Island Air National Guard computer division
- Built an NT network to allow Internet access in every classroom
- Book Award winner, and NEIT Scholarship awarded for performance
- Acquired a basic understanding of electronics and computer technology
- MCSA (Charter Member, one of the first MCSAs certified)
Inflexxion, IncDirector of Information Technology 10/07 - Present
- Business Tasks including Management and oversight of the IT Department, Budgeting, Forecasting Trends, Streamlining Operations, Working cohesively with Development, Design, QA, HR, Finance, Data, Product/Project Management, Health Communications, Executive Sales, Marketing, and Senior Management to Reduce Overhead, Implement New Policies, Create Procedures, as well as Working on Product Life Cycles, and the Re-Architecting of 8 Networks.
- Management and oversight of the corporate computing, networking, and telecommunications infrastructure
- Maintaining up to date documentation on all aspects of IT
- Management of the IT Department, Staff, and Strategic Partners
- Ensuring the infrastructure is consistent with business objectives
- Implemented Virtualization technologies (VMware, and Xen) to reduce number of physical servers, along with saving tens of thousands of dollars in yearly maintenance fees both locally and at our colo facility.
- Ability to immediately analyze when necessary, and resolve hardware, software, and communication issues
- Hands on upgrading networks to a standard baseline of Windows XP and Server 2003 infrastructure, over to Windows 7 and Server 2012, environment hosted on a VMWare ESXi infrastructure.
- Hands on upgrade of our routing infrastructure migrating to Cisco ASAs, and Cisco ACE Load Balancers throughout
- Establish 24/7/365 monitoring of entire server, website, routing, and switching environment at both our Corporate office, as well as our Co-Location
- Monthly reviews of hardware, software, security issues, and a Proactive approach to reducing the issues by addressing it at the infrastructure level
- Implemented Asset Tagging/Tracking system
- Implemented a Help Desk to track issues, response times, and resolutions
- Back-up administration, and quarterly tests to ensure we can restore servers to full operational status from our backup archives
- Key stakeholder in creating, and implementing a DR/BCP plan
- Implemented the use of system and security controls (ie Keypads) to track all entries into the server room.
- Day to day Administration of Microsoft Active Directory Domains, including AD migrations, multi-site/domain and forest configurations
- Network design, and deployment, including routers, switches, servers, firewalls, VPNs, WAF, load balancers, SAN, ESXi Hosts, etc
- Configuration and day to day operations of TCP/IP networks, and 100+ servers including DNS, SMTP, Exchange 2010, OWA, BES, IIS, Centralized A/V, Barracuda devices, SQL, Custom Designed In-House Application Servers, File Servers, Print Servers
Mobile-Mind, Inc Business and Systems Director 7/06 - 10/07
- Business Tasks including Payroll, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Vacation Time, Reimbursements, Authoritative Signature, Vendor Relations, Security, Building Maintenance, License Management, 401K, Health, Dental, Shipping & Receivables including USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc.
- Operating systems including Windows XP, Vista, Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2003 Server, Windows Storage Server 2003, Redhat 7 - 9, Fedora Core 1-5
- Server / Network Applications including DNS, DHCP, WINS, McAfee, Print Servers, Exchange 2000, Exchange 2003, Postfix, Sendmail, OWA via SSL, ClamAV, MIMEDefang, Pyzor, Razor, DCC, amavisd-new CVS, IDS, IPS, CFS, SSH, Active Directory, BackupExec, Authoritative Time, etc.
- Building, Configuring, & Maintaining Cisco 2621, Pix506, Pix501, SonicWall 2040 with Enhanced OS.
- Building, Configuring, Upgrading, and Maintenance of a Multi-Tiered Secure Email Spam / Virus Filtering system
- Installation, and Maintenance of Programmable Switches including Cisco, and Linksys
- Co-Location servers for Email redundancy, and CVS remote backups.
- Centralized Network Backups via Windows 2003 Storage Server, BackupExec, and SCP
- Installation, Configuration, & Maintenance of data services including T-1, Cable, DSL, FIOS, and Wi-Fi
- Installation, Configuration, and Maintenance of Cabling including Phones, and Data
- Installation, Configuration, & Maintenance of VPNs including Cisco & SonicWall
Foundation Consulting Corp. Owner/Sr Consultant 04/02 - Present
- Responsible for all aspects of business from working with employees, to delegating projects, reviewing and creating budgets, working with vendors, networking with clients, billing and payroll, advertising, etc.
- Installation, configuration, maintenance, upgrade of networks, routers, servers, desktops, wiring, wireless, IDS, internet technologies, etc.
- Building, upgrading, and deployment of both Microsoft, SUN, and Linux servers.
- Fluent in building, and troubleshooting the following servers: VMWare Server, VMWare ESXi, Solaris 8, Solaris 9, Windows 2008 Server, Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2000 Server, NT 4.0 Server, along with the following Applications: Apache, DHCP, WSUS, Centralized Anti-Virus, DNS, IIS, Exchange, SQL, MySQL, PHP, OWA, WINS, SAN, File servers, Print servers, Content Management servers, RAS, RIP, Routing servers, RAID, PDC, BDC, Citrix, Linux, Active Directory, IDS, Samba, BIND, Sendmail, Qmail, etc.
- HP, Compaq, 3COM, Microsoft, Linksys, and IBM partnerships
- Solution Provider for Web Hosting Services, Web design, Email Services, Desktop config, Networking, Cabling, IDS installation and configuration, Firewall technologies, etc.
- Support clients include: home users, startups, small businesses, mid size businesses, and Fortune 500 Corporations.
Equivest Finance Company Systems Administrator 11/99 - 05/02
- Installation, configuration, security, upgrading, wiring and maintenance of a Windows 95, 98, NT4 Workstation, NT 3.51-4 Server, Windows 2000, XP, Citrix, Exchange 5.0, Exchange 5.5, SQL 2000, SCO Unix, Sun Microsystems, Novell 4.11 through 5, Sonicwall, Frame, T-1, Fractional T-1, and DSL environment
- Installation, Configuration, Design, Maintenance, and Troubleshooting of the network infrastructure with programs including:
- Great Plains, and Solomon accounting software
- McAfee Netshield, Groupshield for Exchange, etc., virus scanning utilities
- PcAnywhere, Timbuktu, Netop, LapLink, and VNC remote administration software
- HP Jetadmin, and TCP/IP printing
- Microsoft Office 95, 97, and 2000
- Internet Explorer 3 through 6
- Microsoft Outlook 97, 98, 2000 as well as Outlook Express email, and also UNIX’s Pine email
- Reflection 7, and 8 client sessions, Telnet terminal emulation, and FTP
- Policy Editor, TweakUI for controlling user access
- Including daily support for the following:
- Full Technical, and Administrative support in a Multiple Master Domain
- Network Printing from Windows, Unix, and HPJetadmin platforms
- Monitoring and maintaining network integrity and security (ex: Sub7, Netbus, and Smurf Amplification attacks, IP address spoofing, and more)
- Build, support, and maintain Raid 1, and Raid 5 servers
- Security practices for Windows, Novell, and Unix environments
- DSL, T1, and Frame Relay maintenance and troubleshooting
- SonicWall Firewall and VPN programming configuration, and maintenance
- DNS, WINS, and DHCP server building, utilities, and maintenance
- Implementing, Maintaining, and Supporting an 802.3 and 802.11infrastructure, both locally and remotely
- Exchange 5.0 and 5.5 server building, utilities and maintenance
- Outlook Web Access configuration and maintenance
- Support for a variety of Hubs, Switches, and Routers
- Scripting for Logons, Scheduling, etc
- Batch files and .EXE composition for daily operations and specialty tasks
- HOSTS and LMHOSTS configuration and maintenance
- Basic RAS configuration
- Mitel switch and phone system maintenance, wiring, and troubleshooting
- Network, Server, Desktop, and Security maintenance and troubleshooting
- Support for the entire worldwide network of resorts, corporate offices, sales offices, banks, and telemarketing centers
- In charge of Planning, Design, and the physical merging of many large scale companies into a single Enterprise Corporation.
- Acquired excellent skills in system/network administration, security, mergers, maintenance, configuration, upgrading, and troubleshooting both clients and servers.
Unicom Microage Internship / Computer Tech 04/99 - 07/99
- Contract worker for a variety of businesses including Media One (Comcast), Citizens Bank, Hollywood Video Stores, etc.
- Traveled with company (FL, IL, MA, CT, NH) implementing Y2K compliance
- Experiences with network maintenance, PC, BIOS, RAM, and all other forms of hardware and software updates and upgrades
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of various applications
- Acquired an excellent technical, and administration foundation
Air National GuardStudent Technician 9/96 - 6/97
- Worked on a project shadowing the Air National Guard to enable Internet access for the Coventry school system
- Planned hardware/network implementation for entire system.
- Taken part in wiring and termination, configuring workstations and server for access to network, as well as Internet access.
- Acquired an excellent base for future network building and security implementation
- Solving Rubics Cubes, Paddle Boarding, Surfing, Snowboarding, Motorcycles, Longboarding, Travel, Playing with my Kids, Modding Phones, Computers, and Servers, ICB.Me, BurnAfterReading.Me, and just having fun. If you would like to see a version of this resume that I built into an Android Phone you can visit http://droid.josephlongley.com:8082
- Available on request